Church Ownership and church membership are very different. Membership at the Country Club, etc. is about others serving you, but Ownership means adding value such as in your home or family or church, through an emphasis on serving others.
Jesus said before beginning anything we should “count the cost,” in Luke 14:28. So as you think about beginning as church owner at 1st General Baptist, here are some questions and answers to consider.
What do I need to do before I become a New Church Owner?
- Receive Jesus as personal Savior.
- Follow Jesus in baptism.
What are the expectations of New Church Owners?
- Tithe – The ideal is 10%, but start somewhere.
- Attend – ReCharge 60 as often as you can.
- Serve - Somewhere you’re most comfortable
- Live – Like a Jesus follower. (e.g.) Marriage; Sexuality etc.
What do I need to do to become a New Church Owner?
- Enroll for the Pastor’s New Ownership Group through our Online Form below.
When does the New Church Owner Group start?
- Each Ownership Group meets over 5 or 6 weeks and usually starts at the beginning of each quarter.
1st General Baptist Church celebrates God for gifting us with you as our newest New Owner!